Saturday, May 05, 2007

Second Debut

I've not yet shopped at Second Debut, the new Goodwill in Carytown.
Their ad in Style Weekly says the store stocks fashions, home furnishing and accents.
What I don't know is if the merchandise has typically low Goodwill thrift store prices or if it is considered a 'boutique' store because of its location in expensive, trendy Carytown.
This thrift shop connoisseur is going to check it out a.s.a.p.
Please post comments if you have any opinions on the store.

UPDATE: I have been here and found a very nice leather belt for $5.00. I do find the prices a tad high (more like consignment) but they do have nice merchandise. My biggest beef is that it is hard to find anything decent at this store for anyone larger than a size 10 or 12.Goodwill Second Debut
3114 W. Cary Street
Phone: 254-7623
HOURS: Mon.-Sat.: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Sun.: 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hi - I went in there yesterday and the prices are...reasonable. Not thrift-store cheap, but more like a consignment store. Pants that would have been $100+ at retail are around $15. They also had several beautiful wedding dresses for around $200. If you work in an environment that means you need very nice clothes (lawyer, consulting firm, etc) this would be a great place to save a lot of money.

MEL said...

I finally shopped here and while it is not as cheap as many thrift stores, it does contain high quality merchandise in good condition. I found a cute pair of embroidered Capri pants for$8.99. At other Goodwill stores, I would have expected to pay about $4.00 per pair for the pants.
I saw several pairs of designer and high-end brand shoes for around $15.00 per pair.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I purchased a great little lamp and I paid $7 for it. Similar to a reasonable consignment store. My son was shopping for a suit and although he didn't find the right fit because he needed a tall man size, the selection quality was very good.

Anonymous said...

Great Store! I have often bought brand new tag still on merchandise there. It has a sampling of everything and changes weekly. It is merchandised very well, things are easy to find, often colorized.

Anonymous said...

I am an avid shopper of Second Debut--having shopped there consistently for several years. The merchandise is high quality, which often more than justifies the slightly higher price. Over the years I have purchased house goods, furniture, coats, shoes, bags, jewelry--all in excellent condition and not your normal run-of-the-mill merchandise. Finding merchandise with the original store tag is not unusual, and the store itself is tastefully designed and attractive. Plus the added bonus of automatically receiving a 50% discount where applicable is fabulous! Second Debute may be boutique in size, but it's Macy's in quality and style!